News Feed Discussions Need advice whether to have surgery or not. Reply To: Need advice whether to have surgery or not.

• Good intentions

December 10, 2017 at 1:46 am

This is the second presentation I’ve watched by this guy, Dr. Todd Heniford. His other one was about how the problems with certain popular techniques impact everybody, including his own staff. His presentations are very focused on accurately evaluating, with real numbers, how well things work, short-term and long-term.

It’s pretty gruesome, visually, and not directly related to inguinal hernias. But if I was starting from today, I would find a doctor that talks like he does and can back up his or her views with numbers. This presentation touches on many of the issues that have been discussed in various threads across this forum. His approach is long-term care, even suggesting that doctors tell their patients before-hand that they might have to come back later, that there might be problems.

It’s worth watching just for the views on the industry and how people try to simplify complicated subjects. The talk really starts at about 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoyTe9X26I