News Feed Discussions Mesh Removal in Washington, D.C/Arlington, VA Area Reply To: Mesh Removal in Washington, D.C/Arlington, VA Area

• Jnomesh

January 3, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Going back to doctor/surgeon will most likely be fruitless. Most surgeons will tell you to give it a year and then see how you are feeling.
    I’d do a number of things simultaneously
    1) get your operative report to see what your if mesh was inserted, how the mesh was fixated and any other things that might be worthwhile i for
    2) I’d layoff the working out for some time. Even though you have mesh as a reinforcer there are articles that mention even with mesh it can take up to a year to fully heal etc. I’d see how you feel after laying off exercising for a couple of weeks.
    3) keep the name dr, Igor Belyanski in your back pocket. He is Annapolis Maryland so not to for away from you. He saw that my mesh had folded on a cat scan I had and I had my mesh removed by him. He does quite a few removals. He can best assess what is going on and if needed can safely remove the mesh. However, removing mesh isn’t a slam dunk that you will be symptom free afterwards. It a case by case scenario.