News Feed Discussions Diagnosed with Hernias via CT scan only, no bulges or symptoms, huh? Reply To: Diagnosed with Hernias via CT scan only, no bulges or symptoms, huh?

• Momof4

January 4, 2018 at 9:51 pm

I totally agree with you and jnomesh about not getting hernias fixed if they aren’t causing any symptoms. You could open up a whole new can of worms and cause pain and problems that didn’t exist. I know femoral hernias need to be repaired due to chance of incarceration, but think Dr. Towfigh has said inguinal hernias that are asymptotic can be monitored. Best of luck with your issue.

Ajm222, to answer your question, I know Dr. Belyansky does mesh and non-mesh repairs, depending on the individual needs of the patient. He specializes in all types of hernias and complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He is a brilliant surgeon and super nice doctor. Also, he does read his own CT scans, but not sure about reading them for no charge if you aren’t an established patient. I was a surgical patient of his and he did read my scans.