News Feed Discussions Can repair one side exaggerate the other? Reply To: Can repair one side exaggerate the other?

• wilfred

January 13, 2018 at 12:54 am

Hi Clbesr
    Sorry to hear about your pain on other side than the repaired side. I have almost same problem like yours but my symptoms are more on the repaired side. But I do get some pain on the other side which has no hernia. The surgeon told me before surgery that he would probe on the non hernia side to rule out any hernia. He fixed my right hernia and found no hernia on left. But I was surprised that I was getting pain on the left side also after surgery. I got some x-rays taken and was surprised to see that on my non hernia left side there are two to three tacks ( as in your case they are staples) and on the hernia side there are 10 tacks. I think when he probed my left side to find any hernia he had to dissect the peritoneum and then closed by tacks. I never knew he would use so many tacks. I think it is the tacks causing this pain due to inflammation. I hope you feel better with time.