News Feed Discussions No-mesh Shouldice Hernia Surgery in Germany / Europe Reply To: No-mesh Shouldice Hernia Surgery in Germany / Europe

• Good intentions

August 2, 2018 at 2:21 am

Thank you for posting that Baris. It sounds like you’ve been through the wringer.

It’s a shame that these professionals can’t get together and discuss the pros and cons of what they do without criticizing the other methods, and guarding their own. All of the methods seem to have horror stories attached, and all seem to have inherent flaws. But they all seem to have some positive stories too. If they could just share the knowledge with a combined effort to determine the best method for the individual patient, everyone would be better off.

Here is a link to a thread I started about good mesh stories. The last one I posted, #30, is one of those positive stories. Keep it and the surgeon he used in mind if the Shouldice technique doesn’t stick. It’s a mesh-based procedure but the person had very good results. I wish we knew why. I’m not promoting mesh by any means, just offering a “known-good” repair’s surgeon. Good luck.

https://www.herniatalk.com/6883-successful-good-mesh-stories/page2