News Feed Discussions My explanted mesh photos Reply To: My explanted mesh photos

• Unknown Member

November 29, 2018 at 5:51 pm

Sorry to hear that you had to go through removal. You had to have nerves cut also? Its crazy how surgeons put that hernia repair is a walk in the park and that mesh is a gold standard when it ruins so many lives and causes horrible pain/problems. Surgeons put mesh in patients everyday and know of the severe complications/life altering problems it can cause but I doubt when it comes down to it would they put in in themselves or there mother or father or there daughter or son, heck no they would not! There needs to be more of a choice of surgeons doing suture repairs again and patients not being forced of only having one choice, they used to only do suture repairs years ago and people turned out fine. I never get either why mesh is called a non tension repair when it shrinks and gets cement hard which causes pulling and tension etc. Take it easy as it can easily take up to 1 year to fully heal after removal. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you feel better as time goes by.