News Feed Discussions 7 years of hernia surgeries and Chronic Pain….. will it ever end?

• 7 years of hernia surgeries and Chronic Pain….. will it ever end?

Posted by mamadunlop on October 22, 2018 at 12:44 am

Last year I had weight loss surgery to lose weight so that my next Hernia repair would be successful (repair #7) I lost 70 pounds and feel better than I ever had! The weight loss made a world of difference in my hernia recovery. I had a huge repair in August, basically inserting mesh from chest to pelvis and side to side (it is anchored to my pubic bone) The surgical notes said they were going to do a Stoppa Repair but had to stop because of adhesions and not being able to find a good plane…. ANYWAY, 2 months post op and 2 weeks ago I started getting all the same signs of a new hernia… pain, lump, tugging etc. I am back to laying flat most of the day, unable to walk much or sit for long periods of time. I Cant believe that I was only hernia free for 2 months this time…. so discouraged. I have an appt with the surgeon (DR. Martindale at OHSU) in a few weeks to discuss what to do… but I KNOW my fascia is just swiss cheese and it seems that everytime we operate I just get weaker… Do I just live with this? Hernia is on left lower groin/ inguinal area, but pretty far over on my side… a really hard spot to repair I have been told. I have had hernias other places, but this was the area of my first hernia, and was repaired by a much LESSER skilled surgeon originally. I had mesh removal from that area before… it is a problem area. I guess I am just on here looking to hear from others that are on this Hernia pain rollercoaster and how you cope? I need to know I am not alone in this dilemna!

mamadunlop replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.