News Feed Discussions Calling Faith and Pinto: Anymore news following Dr Kang repair

• Calling Faith and Pinto: Anymore news following Dr Kang repair

Posted by William Bryant on January 14, 2022 at 2:34 am

I was wondering and hoping that Faith and Pinto may be able to update on progress and how they are getting on.

I’ve been re-reading Dr Kang methods which seem to be different repairs for direct and indirect hernia. Which means, I think, less good tissue is cut so very minimally invasive. That has to be good I’d have thought.

William Bryant replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • William Bryant

January 17, 2022 at 4:15 am

Thanks for keeping me/us up to date. Very glad it’s all going well for you. Do you know if you had direct or indirect hernia. You may have already said.

I’m thinking Dr Kang doesn’t cut cremaster or any of the nerves?

• Faith

January 17, 2022 at 12:02 am

Hi William,
    I thought I’d check in and just saw your message. Everything is still going well here. I do get a mild discomfort very occasionally if I do something that pulls or puts strain on the area, but its not real pain and it passes. I think this is just probably because its relatively recent and that side of my body is weaker generally – I am working on getting it stronger. I teach exercise and am doing everything including reformer Pilates so my life is back to normal which is great.
    Dr Kang did explain to me that his method does avoid cutting unnecessary tissue. He described it very clearly using a picture of the area. This reassured me that this was the best surgery for me as I wanted the least invasive possible.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Faith