News Feed Discussions Can you have a Hidden Inguinal Hernia?

• Can you have a Hidden Inguinal Hernia?

Posted by bekahjan on April 5, 2019 at 1:20 am

Since January, I have been having sharp pain and sometimes a dull achey pain in my lower right stomach/groin along my inguinal ligament. My Kaiser doctor says a hernia is impossible without a bulge (I know he is wrong about that). I know women can have hidden hernias. I was curious what type of hernias can be hidden.

Can an inguinal hernia be hidden? And what tests should I ask for? I cant tell if I have a pulled muscle or a hernia. I am seeing a physical therapist for my psoas muscle but that does not seem to be helping.

The pain got worse after I had a tranvaginal ultrasound to look for cysts. The pain is sharp and sometimes feels like a cut and someone is rubbing salt in it. It is always there but the pain fluctuates. It’s worse when I sit and stand and walk and especially before and during my period. I am having nerve pain, heaviness on one side, hip popping, si joint pain and lower back pain all on my right side. Bloating only on my right side along with weak stomach and weak back muscles and a lot of other symptoms.

I’m so discouraged. No one seems to know what is going on. I ordered my CT scan images so I can get a second opinion. I”m just not sure where to go for an evaluation. I’m from the East Bay in Northern California.

Thanks, Rebekah

bekahjan replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.