News Feed Discussions Chronic pain two years after surgery

• Chronic pain two years after surgery

Posted by Deej8 on April 2, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Hello,
    I received right side open inguinal hernia repair surgery with mesh a little over two years ago. Last year I received two sets of nerve block shots with no long term success. I have had chronic pain at the site of the surgery and down my inner thigh, my right testicle, and up in my waist and belt area. Sometime into my lower back. The pain is sometimes more intense especially after something labor intensive. The pain varies from sudden shooting, sore, stinging, burning, itching pain. I just came from meeting with the surgeon who did the surgery and said to take Tylenol for the pain and hopefully the pain will fade. He saod his next plan of attack would have been to cut the ilio inguinal (sp?) nerve but that he cut it during the surgery anyway. So I am not sure what to do now. I am only 26 years old and I want to feel 100% again. The only time i felt better was three months after the surgery for about eight months (surgery in February 2016, back to work April 2016, started feeling pain again in December 2016). So now in April 2018 I have stinging pain in my groin as I am typing this. My appointment today was very frustrating since it was a waste of my time.
    Any help or advice would be nice.

Deej8 replied 6 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Deej8

April 2, 2018 at 9:50 pm

More info I am in Massachusetts north of Boston and it was an inguinal hernia on my right side. I am unsure what type of mesh was used

• Good intentions

April 2, 2018 at 9:40 pm

I forgot to add – get your medical records as soon as you can. Many organizations only hold them for a few years.

• Good intentions

April 2, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Read my recent posts if you want some thoughts on better surgeons to see. Most surgeons are not trained or mentally equipped to deal with mesh problems, they only know how to put it in. Dr. Billing, Dr. Brown, and Dr. Towfigh are all on the west coast, and all will deal with mesh problems.

Post your general location and people will offer more specific advice. Information from you on the type of mesh, and type of hernia would help also. Good luck.