Conflicting advice on flying long haul post mesh removal

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Conflicting advice on flying long haul post mesh removal

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian J
      Participant

The web seems to be absolutely full of conflicting advice in when it is safe to fly long haul after a hernia mesh removal.
      Does anyone have a definitive answer? Seen anything from 5 days to 6 weeks. Very confusing.

Thanks in advance.

William Bryant
      Participant

I don’t know but best imo to be on safe sife

Luther
      Participant

The doctors I’ve spoken with say to wait two weeks near the surgeon, so they can address complications should they arise.

Ian J
      Participant

Yes my concern is risk of DVT though not short term problem’s.

Luther
      Participant

I have not researched how long after removal DVT can happen? I’m assuming it could present much later down the line, and would be something to make your GP aware of and a plan in place if your back home.

Ian J
      Participant

Yes I’m trying to find out surgeon guidelines specific to this procedure rather than the minefield that is the internet!

Luther
      Participant

Yes, I would agree. Google itself has lots of conflicting thoughts. I may ask my surgeon.

Chuck
      Participant

Ian J —-can we chat mesh removal offline…??? lets compare notes and figure out the best solution? you can messasge me on the site…or at [email protected]

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar