News Feed Discussions Could I have given myself a Traumatic Hernia?

• Could I have given myself a Traumatic Hernia?

Posted by Williamgrey9 on September 23, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Afternoon everybody, I cannot be sure what happened to me so I thought I would put this out here. I tried to throw myself at the pavement two weeks ago and my mountain bike heroically jumped into my crotch to try and save me. The blunt end of the handlebar impacted the right side of my pubis under the hair leaving a perfectly circular bruise. The brake handle impacted my abdomen horizontally almost directly along the inguinal ligament (I know it was the brake because it left a shaped bruise.)

2 weeks later the swelling and bruising has gone down and I am left with a very strange lump of unknown composition, it starts at the far right edge of my pelvis just above the inguinal crease and moves in a line toward the upper right corner of my pubis. It is a narrow, firm humped ridge about 4 inches long, 1/2 inch wide and non-reducible. I have no digestive issues, no nausea or vomiting, no response to coughing, sneezing, or Vasalva. There is no pain in my abdomen and aside from a little tenderness in the bruised areas and it causes no pain to press on it.

I have a small untreated hernia on the opposite side and the sensation is in no way similar. I cannot believe that falling onto a bicycle from a standing start, not moving, that I could cause a TAWH…could I? Or could it be something mimicking one like a hematoma or a lesion? Any thoughts out there?
    Thanks
    -Paul

Williamgrey9 replied 4 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.