News Feed Discussions Da Vinci

• Da Vinci

Posted by iceflow on January 10, 2019 at 2:46 pm

I had a consultation with a DaVinci surgeon yesterday. It didn’t quite turn out exactly how I expected it to. I did insist on a scan be arranged to determine the current state of the open mesh and whether this was a net new hernia or a mesh failure or something else. The surgeon didn’t really want to bother with a scan, but did give me a very good overview of the DaVinci process. He didn’t offer a physical exam either but as he will arrange a CT Scan then I was ‘ok’ with that. As I’m not experiencing any pain then he doesn’t see a scan as worthwhile as the DaVinci is a behind the wall approach and will not interfere with the open mesh.
    I really need a multi skilled Dr. Towfigh, Yunis or Grishkan here in Houston so I can get a level determination of what is going on and what would be the best next step.

dog replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dog

January 12, 2019 at 6:08 am

Dr. Towfigh, Yunis or Grishkan all those docteres excellent .

• Good intentions

January 10, 2019 at 7:18 pm

I don’t think that “Da Vinci surgeon” is actually a thing. The Da Vinci system is just a tool to get the work done. Seems like some good branding though. Da Vinci is a very famous name.

Some coincidental comments on Dr. Towfigh’s Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/SuEller4/status/1079182637217054720