News Feed Discussions Did my Hernia Re-Occur

• Did my Hernia Re-Occur

Posted by ihatehernias19 on June 6, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I had a bilateral inguinal hernia repaired with lapro mesh procedure. It took around 6 weeks to heal and I felt great after as if it has never happened. I am have very active since, doing all the things i normally do until 3 days ago. The pain and sensations I had become familiar with before the surgery came back.

What are the chances that I have another hernia? Is it possible I have just aggravated some tissue related to my previous surgery? Are hernia likely to re-occur in different areas after having already having a hernia surgery?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

DrEarle replied 7 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • pszotek

June 7, 2016 at 2:33 am

Did my Hernia Re-Occur

I would agree with Dr. Earle. I would try rest, ice, and naproxen or other NSAIDs for a period of time and see where things go. If this works than likely just strain on the tissue. However, if you notice a bulge or things get worse please see your surgeon as although it is a small risk, on occasion hernias can recur.

• DrEarle

June 7, 2016 at 1:55 am

Did my Hernia Re-Occur

19 – Hernias can come back again, but the odds are very low. The most likely issue is aggravating tissue in the area as you said. If the pain continues, or gets worse, see your surgeon for a more complete evaluation. Hope this helps!