News Feed Discussions Dr Kang and Dr Conze

• Casimir

February 17, 2020 at 7:02 pm

@drtowfigh Perusing various posts and saw this one and wanted to share that unless I am totally mistaken, Dr Grischkan primarily does a modified Shouldice repair when tissue allows, and is in the midwest (Cleveland OH area), and has done around 20K of them.

• Alephy

February 12, 2020 at 9:27 am

I am just wondering, will the procedure/method developed by Dr. Kang eventually be showed to other surgeons and possibily adopted by others worldwide? Same question goes with the Dr. Muschaweck’s method, which is available in Germany at few places…
    I would think this should have happened already….or there is simply no interest in hospitals in Europe/US to adopt something new that does not require bleeding edge hardware (laparoscopy)?

• Kablooey

February 12, 2020 at 8:15 am

I am not regularly on the forum but I check in from time to time! I had my hernia repaired last summer by Dr Kang. Did you have any specific questions? In terms of experience it is my understanding that he has personally performed approximately 10K non-mesh repairs since 2013 under local anesthesia! When I was at Gibbeum Hospital last July he performed 20 hernia repairs just that day on patients from all over the world. As mentioned there are a few experienced surgeons in the US who also perform a “tailored approach” non-mesh hernia repair. It’s important to understand that it’s not a matter of mesh or non-mesh. There are non-mesh techniques that are also performed as a “one-size-fits-all” approach much in the same way laparoscopic is prescribed when nothing could be further from the truth. -Best Regards

• drtowfigh

February 3, 2020 at 4:20 am

Also @deeoeraclea we have multiple patients on this site who have gone to @drkang. You can search the site for their posts.

• drtowfigh

February 3, 2020 at 4:19 am

For tissue repair in the US, there are few of us that do it on a regular basis. Dr Brown and I are two on the West Coast.

In the MidWest, I’m not familiar with any.

On the East, perhaps Dr Jacob.

• ajm222

January 31, 2020 at 5:31 am

I’ve spoken to two surgeons in my area that do mesh repairs, and Dr. Belyansky does them as well. And of course Dr. Towfigh. I think there are a fair number of surgeons who do them, they just don’t do enough for it really to be their thing. And I guess if you get a tissue repair you want someone who does them all the time. Dr. Brown of course also does them.

• JamesDoncaster

January 31, 2020 at 12:20 am

I am exploring Dr Kang, Dr Conze and Shouldice. No way I would let somebody put mesh in me again. And it’s difficult to find a surgeon who is experienced at doing no-mesh repairs in the USA (where I live).

• Alephy

January 30, 2020 at 9:50 pm

I sent an email to the hernia center in Munich but they never replied back…you are considering going there?