News Feed Discussions Dr. Samer Sbayi – Shouldice

• Dr. Samer Sbayi – Shouldice

Posted by Luke on July 11, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Feedback or surgery experience with Dr Samer Syabi from new york city? He worked at shouldice hospital for just over a year for only 700 shouldice repairs. I’m shocked as I can’t seem to find many opinions, reviews, experience with him at all. You’d think everyone wanting a true shouldice repair and unable to go to Canada would be going to Syabi but that don’t seem to be the case.

drtowfigh replied 1 year, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

August 2, 2022 at 4:06 pm

Dr. Sbayi was a guest of mine on HerniaTalk LIVE Q&A. Search this forum for his name and you can watch the session with him on Youtube.

• William Bryant

July 27, 2022 at 4:01 am

I’ve been looking for this too. Can only access 1 review from uk

• Cliff

October 2, 2020 at 10:01 am

Hi Luke – any further info on Dr. Sbayi? I’m also curious to hear about him. I had a Shouldice repair on my left inguinal hernia at Shouldice Hospital in 2017. I now need my right side repaired, and of course with the current pandemic, am not able to travel to Canada from the U.S.

I was excited to learn about Dr. Sbayi, but apart from the few reviews posted on his page on Stony Brook Medicine’s website, have not been able to find much else. I did find this recommendation from the late Dr. Bendavid of Shouldice fame, in which he states that Dr. Sbayi “did train with us and can be recommended.”

https://www.meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/dr-bendavid-answers-hernia-questions/

I have a TeleHealth Visit with Dr. Sbayi and his staff scheduled for later this month.