News Feed Discussions electric shock in right lower pelvic area

• electric shock in right lower pelvic area

Posted by shani120 on June 26, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Hi, I have had severe debilitating pelvic pain for a year. It feels like an electric shooting burning pain down my groin. I have extremely painful periods. Its almost immpossible to sit stand and do normal physical activities including work. Ive had every test and surgery you can think of, looking for endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and adhesions. Which were found and removed but the pain didnt go away. Ive been on percocet for almost a whole year just to cope with the pain. Ive also had vaginal examinations and transvaginal ultrasounds. Which are immpossible to complete because they are too painful. Ive been trying to findout whats wrong with me for almost a year now and no answers. Until today I read about hidden hernias and I had every symptom. I made an appointment with my primary care as soon as I read about it. But im concerned that she wont find it. I feel very confident that this is what has been plaguing me for so long. I was just wondrering your input on it. And if its likley how can I make sure its found?

Thanks, shanice

shani120 replied 9 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

July 11, 2014 at 5:29 pm

electric shock in right lower pelvic area

Let us know how it goes

• shani120

July 3, 2014 at 4:27 am

Thank you for responding so quickly, and helping me know what direction to go in. I already called one of those doctors and see them on monday. Hopefully something will come of it with this new information you gave me. Thank you again so much for your help, I will definitley let you know what comes of all this.

• drtowfigh

June 30, 2014 at 5:03 am

Thanks for the great post. As I am sure you have read, many others who have contributed here have similar symptoms.

Hernias can cause pelvic pain–sometimes debilitating. These can include vaginal pain, pain with intercourse, pain worse with sitting upright or bending. It may shoot into the vagina, down the leg, and/or a round the back.

See a general surgeon. If they dismiss you, see another one. Pick one from the Americas Hernia Society website.

Start with a dynamic dedicated hernia ultrasound. If that doesn’t show anything, get a non-contrast MRI pelvis with valsalva.

Let us know how you do.

Best wishes!