News Feed Discussions Enterocutaneous fistula

• Enterocutaneous fistula

Posted by herniaqueen on January 2, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Had a fistulogram today. Fistula connects with ileum. Very small opening, but have drainage every day. Have had 5 hernia repairs (1990s, 3/2005, 12/2005, 10/2008, and 5/2015. Have 2 mesh implants that I believe were recalled, Bard Composix Kugel in 2005 and Bard Ventralex in 2008 (am in touch with a lawyer). See my surgeon again Friday who had said if no intestinal involvement it would be challenging, if intestinal involvement challenging and complicated. She has a colorectal surgeon (have seen him for rectal cancer) in mind to help her. Also have a left hip replacement, so am between a rock and a hard place–need to have the surgery to protect the hip, but the surgery may open a Pandora’s box. Four questions:

1. Am wondering if the radiation I had for the cancer would have weakened the mesh or made it migrate?
    2. Is there any mesh on the market today that doesn’t cause problems and is safe? I doubt very much I can do without mesh.
    3. Has anyone had experience with fibrin glue for repair of a fistula?
    4. Any advice (besides jumping off a tall building in a single bound)?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

I live in Upstate New York. Dr. Jacob (?) in NYC doesn’t take insurance, which makes no sense to me and makes me wonder how good he is despite the accolades I have read on this site. Also, his office staff was not helpful or friendly when I called, acted very annoyed.

herniaqueen replied 6 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.