News Feed Discussions Facebook forums for hernia mesh issues

• Facebook forums for hernia mesh issues

Posted by Jnomesh on November 5, 2018 at 12:50 am

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know there are some private FB forums that people can join to connect with others who are having issues with hernia mesh problems. One is called Fighters and survivors of all transvaginal and hernia mesh/plugs and another is Hernia Mesh hurts too.
    when I had my severe issues with what I knew were related to my hernia mesh and felt there was nowhere left to turn my wife joined me to theses groups. Here I found others suffering from problems with hernia mesh-I was able to speak to others who were going through similar experiences as me and eventually find dr. Igor Belyanski through this forum. He found on a cat scan that my hernia mesh was folded and needed to be removed. I had surgery for removal and it was much worse the mesh had completely balled up and was rock hard. I am completely grateful for these forums.

Chaunce1234 replied 5 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chaunce1234

November 13, 2018 at 2:27 am

Do the Facebook forums also provide lists of helpful surgeons? If so, please re-share such lists here. Any well regarded surgeons who are experienced in managing hernias, post-op issues, complications, non-mesh repairs, etc.

• Jnomesh

November 9, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Hi all. If you go into Facebook and search (type in) the hernia forums names they will pop up.

• Good intentions

November 9, 2018 at 2:08 am

I found this Twitter link that offers a way to get to one of them.

https://twitter.com/HerniaToo/status/1056153655081082881

Also found a fairly recent article, one year ago, about the topic, but in Ireland. Hopefully one of these government organizations will get some traction and make something happen. Notice the vagueness about “most effective”. Effective for who? Medicine as business.

“The Royal College of Surgeons said while “any poor outcomes are regrettable”, mesh implants were the “most effective” way to deal with a hernia.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-41320744

• dog

November 8, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Jnomesh Thank you! Please let us know link ?