News Feed Discussions For William Bryant: Pantaloon Hernia

• For William Bryant: Pantaloon Hernia

Posted by pinto on June 17, 2023 at 11:33 pm

William, surely the other day I saw a post of yours that began: “Hello Dr. Kang. Is Kang repair suitable for pantaloon hernia? Have you repaired such satisfactorily? Many thanks. William.”

Because I incidentally came across an answer for you elsewhere, I wanted to pass it on to you. However googling the above quote never bought up the actual post or thread. So strange. Anyway here’s the info from another thread:

Kang in 2018 wrote:
    “I reviewed my record of surgeries that I performed since 2015. During this period, I performed a total of 4,700 inguinal hernia repairs and there were 15 cases(0.32%) where indirect and direct hernia were both present (pantaloon hernia). It is very rare to come across it. In cases of pantaloon hernia, it can simply be treated by operating on both indirect and direct hernia simultaneously.”

post no. #16218

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/marcy-repair-in-adults-with-inguinal-hernia/

Marcy repair in adults with Inguinal hernia.

Alan replied 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • William Bryant

June 19, 2023 at 2:09 pm

In fact the only ‘bad’ result, if it can be called that, was put right.
    A recurrence I believe which out of recurrence and pain I think most would take recurrence.

Not seen other surgeons being mentioned on here who have put things right, just Dr Kang.

• William Bryant

June 19, 2023 at 2:07 pm

Thanks Alan, do you know I was just going to post that Dr Kang seems to have had the least bad feedback on this forum out of all the surgeons and methods. Something made even more impressive by the fact mote of his patients post here than any other surgeon I think.

Really hope Dr Towfigh can get him on her youtube channel.

I don’t know what to make of his chronic pain figures, recently released by himself on here, but at least he was very honest about it.

I’ve forgotten what country you’re in Alan.

• William Bryant

June 19, 2023 at 1:05 pm

Here’s a Google search result

“A rare type of hernia exists called as Pantaloon or saddle-bag hernia or Dual hernia or Romberg’s hernia. This hernia is a combination of indirect and direct sacs on both sides of IEA. There is an obvious direct inguinal hernia and a small indirect type in Pantaloon Hernia.”

• William Bryant

June 19, 2023 at 1:02 pm

I think so Alan. If you have one of each kind of same side.

Who did the repairs btw?

• Alan

June 19, 2023 at 12:03 pm

I’ve never heard that name before but I guess that’s what I had? Direct on both sides and indirect on the right side.

• William Bryant

June 18, 2023 at 3:10 am

Obviously Dr Kang hasn’t expired! That should read, it’s good he has experienced with pantaloon hernias.

• William Bryant

June 17, 2023 at 11:41 pm

Thanks Pinto, it’s encouraging that Dr Kang has had expired with pantaloon hernias. He seems knowledgeable on most aspects actually.

I also like that so many of his former patients return to post on here

• Alan

June 19, 2023 at 3:24 pm

I’m in the UK. No pain here after 6 months.

• Alan

June 19, 2023 at 1:47 pm

Dr Kang, almost exactly six months ago. I thought I had two direct hernias but he found an indirect on the right side which he repaired. He said the left side looked like it was unlikely to develop an indirect hernia so just repaired the direct.