Good Luck Mike M

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Good Luck Mike M

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      William Bryant
      Participant

I think it’s right that Mike M is Korea bound soon, for Dr Kang repair. Hope it goes well

Mike M
      Participant

Thanks William!

I am heading out soon and should be done with surgery sometime early next week.

Craziest thing started to happen about 2 weeks ago. I went from medium symptoms to nothing at all as of today. It all started when I started laying on my right side at night. I still know it’s there but it is 110% better.

Going to update as soon as I can when the operation is completed!

William Bryant
      Participant

The symptoms come and go in my case. Do you still have bulge? Which side is it on?

Mine is my right side and I usually lay on left side. I could try lying on the side the hernia is.

I did once read flat on back is best but I cannot sleep like that!

Mike M
      Participant

I never had a “bulge” that you could see or even feel except when I coughed.

It feels like it is popping out to the left towards my upper thigh near the top of the hesselbach triangle when I cough then retracts immediately.

I am pretty sure when I was having “symptoms” it was lower than that spot which makes sense? I am speculating that laying down on my right side (opposite of the direction I felt the hernia was moving) allowed the hernia to retract or regress?

Who knows though it could have had nothing to do with it just really saw a dramatic change when I laid down on my right side 2 nights in a row.

I am babying myself until I get to Seoul and so far it is working! lol

dan
      Participant

Hope you update us about your surgery
      Good luck man

Mike M
      Participant

Thanks Dan. I will have a write up next week as soon as my recovery is completed!

William Bryant
      Participant

Brilliant Mike M, looking forward to reading it. Thank you.

Hoping you’re not feeling too sore also.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar