News Feed Discussions Gurgling stomach

• Gurgling stomach

Posted by William Bryant on March 9, 2022 at 5:04 am

I’ve noticed my stomach is gurgling after I eat..I don’t think it is confined to where hernia is but usually on that side or to middle.

I know gurgling can be bad eg incarcerated but no other real symptoms (yet or hopefully ever).

If incarcerated is the gurgling confined to where hernia is?.

Or can it be anywhere ‘en route’ so to speak.

William Bryant replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • William Bryant

March 10, 2022 at 12:05 pm

Just to be clear, the gurgling I have is quite a distance from the hernia. Is that still a sign it might be incarcerated? Or does it have to be where hernia is?

• William Bryant

March 9, 2022 at 11:15 am

Yes that’s the thing with Dr. Kang, lack of reviews etc. As has been said the figures could be plucked from thin air for all anyone knows. Pinto’s experience is a worry. Hope Dr Kang helps Pinto. On the other hand Dr Kang seems honest and there are several endorsements on here from patients.

Ref Americans Chuck there was the cyclist, think he was America. Jack Wilkerson or similar name. Google and you’ll find it..he had heart problem too but Dr Kang operated. Good result

• Watchful

March 9, 2022 at 10:43 am

Chuck… You are right. The last thing anyone wants is an emergency surgery. However, that is very rare. I don’t think I’m on the verge of that. I think it’s important not to get too freaked out about these things, and take your time to do thorough research, and also wait until you are psychologically ready for it. No need to rush it, but, yeah, it needs to be done.

I agree that Dr. Kang looks like a good option. I’m just a bit bothered that his technique isn’t published. Also, it takes some time to digest having to go to a foreign country with a foreign language, very long flight, etc.

Otherwise, the options are either mesh, or extensive Picasso-style surgeries with a lot of dissection, rearrangement of your anatomy, and suturing.

• Mike M

March 9, 2022 at 10:36 am

Does “gurgling” near the hernia site really mean it’s incarcerated though?

I understand it is a cause for concern but it seems to be this is one of those “check engine” light symptoms to some degree.

I feel gurgling at my hernia but was diagnosed with non-incarcerated hernia (no imaging only physical exam) but with other symptoms (i.e. minor dull pain / pressure). I can’t feel a single thing sticking out unless I cough even then it pops out and pops back in again.

I think we all have felt gurgling in our stomachs and our digestive track in general throughout our lives.

That doesn’t mean there is a breach in each one of those spots?

If you have a hernia you are going to have a breech that will easily transfer pressure and sound through that cavity / weak spot to the surface.

It is going to be very thin / weak in the spot.

• William Bryant

March 9, 2022 at 7:39 am

Ah the gurgling as far as I can tell isn’t confined to my hernia. Not sure what it means then!

• Watchful

March 9, 2022 at 7:12 am

I have gurgling sometimes which is confined to the hernia, and my hernia often gets pushed out when this happens. Not a good sign, but not a sign of doom either. It’s still reducible when I lie down.

• Watchful

March 9, 2022 at 10:51 am

Mike M… Gurgling doesn’t mean the hernia is incarcerated – it can gurgle and still be reducible. It probably just means that some intestine gets pushed into it or even just moves a bit away from the normal location.