News Feed Discussions Heat and increase in pain?

• Heat and increase in pain?

Posted by katiebarns on August 19, 2019 at 2:31 am

[USER=”935″]drtowfigh[/USER] [USER=”2580″]DrBrown[/USER] any insight would be amazing, especially from you two!! I have a deep achy pain in the right rectus abdominis area. Can’t figure out if it’s nerve or muscle related. I have the achy pain standing and walking (pretty much all the time) but I always notice when I’m taking a shower (heat), my achy pain increases the longer I’m in the shower and then lingers after the shower for a while… could this be correlated — heat and increase in pain? if so, would it make more sense with nerve, muscle, inflammation, etc? just trying to see if any of these instances give any hints / clues as to what my source of pain could be!

thank you!

DrBrown replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • DrBrown

August 21, 2019 at 3:09 pm

[USER=”2482″]katiebarns[/USER]
    That sound more muscular than nerve pain.
    What was your original injury?
    Any imaging tests?
    Bill Brown MD

• katiebarns

August 21, 2019 at 1:14 am

[USER=”2580″]DrBrown[/USER] I’ve been to tons of doctors. some say nerve others say muscle. I don’t have any numb or burning. it’s just a deep achy pain. it gets worse with activity and after activity too. if I sit a long time, it does get better but right when I get up and stand I automatically feel it again. does that tell you anything? I’ll get a pic when I can!

• DrBrown

August 20, 2019 at 11:57 pm

[USER=”2482″]katiebarns[/USER]
    What does your primary doctor say?
    Please post a photo so I can see the site of your pain.
    Nerve pain will often cause skin sensation changes. Does your skin feel numb or burns when lightly touched?
    Muscle pain usually gets worse with activity and improves with rest.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown Md