News Feed Discussions Help / Opinions Wanted On Assessing Mesh Removal

• Help / Opinions Wanted On Assessing Mesh Removal

I’m quite concerned about mesh that was placed for right inguinal indirect hernia. It was done a little over a year ago and a large prolene hernia system was used. I feel like something is not right with my body. I’ve been having issues with my bowels and also feel like I have been fighting a month long infection but am otherwise healthy. I also still feel quite a bit of ongoing pain and odd sensations like scratching in the groin area on top of intermittent nerve pain that shoots down my leg.

My question: is there a difference in having a mesh like this removed now or in 10-15 years. I cant help but think that my issues are all related to the mesh. What type of tests are best to monitor implantation of mesh after the fact? Are there specific blood or imaging tests that would help me understand what type of issue I might have? What type of doctor should I start with? I’m concerned because I am young and in order for me to live a full life that means this mesh would be inside me for 50-60 years. Is that even possible?

• 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.