News Feed Discussions Hernia Discussion Hernia mesh pain

• Hernia mesh pain

Posted by always smile on April 2, 2024 at 8:17 am

Hi there,I am a 31 year old female and had a laparoscopic operation for a hernia with Parietex ADP2 mesh installation in November 2020. When I woke up from the operation I no longer felt the skin on my left thigh and I lived like this until today.

But now I have pain on both sides of my groin. I feel the mesh scratching inside on both sides of the groins and at the groin creases. Also, I have heating-type pain on my left thigh that radiates to my buttock. Can it possibly be the mesh itching me?

I am thinking of having the mesh removed because of the symptoms I have.

Is there any doctor recommended in Europe for laparoscopic removal of the mesh? Most preferably in Switzerland.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• This discussion was modified 1 month ago by  always smile.
    Christopher replied 2 weeks, 1 day ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Christopher

April 17, 2024 at 10:16 am

Hi I’m a 36 year old male I want our story heard since this is the only media outlet where others like myself can speak to one another and it’s time we get together for ourselves and any future victims. That being said here is my story. I was really active fit enjoy all sorts of physical activities. I was a medic in the military with 2 deployments fitness trainer did mma and due to complications my whole life has been stolen from. Since 2015 I’ve had 10 surgeries causing me to lose both testicles leaving me urinary incontinent and now facing a 11th procedure in the future. Due to mesh. It has effected many aspects of my life from employment sex to every day activities. Worse of all my ability to get my son back in my life cause I’m having to take so much time for recovery. I think it’s time the doctors hospitals and companies take responsibility for the damage the mass tort cases only benefit the lawyers and the company by forcing to take the small settlement offered. Not one of us has had a say of any kind throughout the proceedings mostly radio silence and all I get from my lawyer at parker waichman is this how it’s done sad how you get better representation as a criminal I’m currently being offered 67000$ no help with medical or reoccurring costs each month and given the company earnings the entire settlement is just a slap on the wrist so if there are others out there like me please reach out they’re still using mesh and it could be your child in the future let’s end it now enough is enough

• drtowfigh

April 8, 2024 at 10:54 pm

Consider Dr Jan Kukleta in Switzerland. I’ll bring him on as a guest for HerniaTalk LIVE episode soon.

• Joseph

April 2, 2024 at 2:17 pm

May I ask is it painful what you are experiencing or is an awareness of the mesh as a foreign object but not truly painful

• always smile

April 2, 2024 at 3:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. It is painful on the left thigh. When I am standing for long or sitting position, I get pain into my knee. The cutaneous femoral nerve is touched. I don’t know if the mesh is pinching it but the thigh used to be « only » numb for 3 years now since 2 months it’s painful to sit or stand for too long. Since 2 days I feel the mesh paining me on both sides of the groin when only the left side has the nerve irritating.

• Joseph

April 2, 2024 at 3:18 pm

Is the pain where mesh is located in the groin or is it in leg or both?

• always smile

April 2, 2024 at 3:23 pm

The mesh is bilateral so it’s from one groin to the other groin. The nerve pain that is going towards the knee is on the left groin but the itching and burning is on both sides. Feels like I have a belt under my skin that is compressing me.