HerniaTalk **LIVE** Q&A: Sports Hernia & Minimal Repair Technique 09/20/2022
09/17/2022 at 10:03 pm #32525drtowfighKeymaster
HerniaTalk LIVE is a weekly Q&A hosted by Dr Shirin Towfigh, hernia surgeon expert at the Beverly Hills Hernia Center, with invited special Guests to answer your hernia-related questions.
Topic: Sports Hernia & the Minimal Repair Technique
Guest Panelist: Dr Ulrike Muschaweck, Hernia Surgery specialist, Munich, Germany
Join us this Tuesday 09/20/2022 at 12:00pm Pacific time (GMT -7) as a Facebook Live (@Dr.Towfigh). You can also register to join via Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83937544554
*** NOTE THE EARLIER TIME ***
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by drtowfigh.
09/18/2022 at 4:19 pm #32534Jack2021Participant
Hi Dr Towfigh,
Hope all’s good with you.
I’m very interested to see your Hernia Talk Q&A with Dr Ulrike Muschaweck.
I won’t be able to watch live though I’ll definitely watch the recording when you post it on YouTube.
Would it be possible to ask Dr Muschaweck about the following please:
– How she performs the Shouldice repair, including whether she cuts the cremaster muscle and the genital nerves, does she do a 4-layer suture repair, does she use permanent or absorbable sutures and does she prefer local anaesthetic (if so, is that with or without sedation) or general etc?
– What her thoughts are about the Desarda repair and does she perform this repair?
– What her thoughts are about long term pain after hernia tissue repairs, how likely it is and the causes?
– Is she aware of the Kang repair and if so, what are her thoughts about it?
– Does she still run clinics in both Germany and the UK?
09/18/2022 at 5:25 pm #32536WatchfulParticipant
Good questions. I would add a question about recurrence rates as well as chronic pain rates that she sees with tissue repairs in her practice. Is she able to follow up with patients over the long run? What are the results?
09/18/2022 at 9:19 pm #32538Good intentionsParticipant
Please discuss with her your results of repairing professional athletes with mesh with her reluctance to use mesh on professional athletes. You have posted in the past about using mesh on professional athletes but have never reported the results of the repairs. Dr. Muschaweck is world-renowned for repairing abdominal injuries, including normal hernias, of professional athletes.
It is slightly off your topic, “sportsman’s hernia” versus “normal” hernia, but most of your viewers are here here for normal hernias. You will probably never get another chance to speak to somebody so well-known in the world of athletic endeavors. Please take advantage.
09/20/2022 at 7:50 pm #32564
09/20/2022 at 8:35 pm #32571Good intentionsParticipant
That was a great interview. Thank you.
p.s. Real Madrid is one of the top teams in European soccer. 6:00 minutes, the comment about the 100 year anniversary of Real Madrid.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.