Hidden hernia…. I’ve reached rock bottom

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Hidden hernia…. I’ve reached rock bottom

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • #28350

      I’ve been trying to find a DR/surgeon who believes I have a hernia, but because they can’t see a noticeable bulge none of them believe me. The pain has been excruciating for the past 8 months. I have all the tell-tale symptoms, plus photos of the bulge in my upper abdomen and one to the side of it. At this point Because the hernias didn’t show up on an ultrasound, they don’t believe me and today I was told to put Icy-Hot on the site to help with the pain.
      At this point I feel so hopeless. I can’t go on with this much pain, but I don’t know where to turn. I’m located in Oregon, but am willing to travel to see someone who will believe me. ūüôĀ Any suggestions?

    • #28351
      Good intentions

      Dr. Towfigh does remote consultations and might know someone in your area.


      Dr. Shirin Towfigh
      Not near? No problem.

      I offer ‚ÄúOnline Consultation‚ÄĚ to those who cannot physically see me for surgical consultation. I‚Äôll review your history, images, & help w/ a diagnosis & plan.

      Contact my office (310-358-5020) or email ([email protected])

    • #28353
      Good intentions

      The surgeons at OHSU are known for their expertise in hernia repair also. In Portland. They have a very long waiting list though.

    • #28354
      Good intentions

      Dr. Brown is down in California.

      No Mesh Hernia Repair


    • #28358

      Please PM me, I am in Oregon having hernia surgery on Monday. I too have been in pain for 8 months and undiagnosed and I am a woman.

      • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Star.
    • #28361

      Maybe it is a sports hernia?

      “A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area. Because different tissues may be affected and a traditional hernia may not exist, the medical community prefers the term “athletic pubalgia” to refer to this type of injury”

    • #28376

      Happy to help if you want to send me your records to initiate a consultation. Drs Orenstein is also a good resource at OHSU.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report


Skip to toolbar