News Feed Discussions Hidden hernia…. I’ve reached rock bottom

• Hidden hernia…. I’ve reached rock bottom

Posted by Victoria on December 28, 2020 at 1:43 pm

I’ve been trying to find a DR/surgeon who believes I have a hernia, but because they can’t see a noticeable bulge none of them believe me. The pain has been excruciating for the past 8 months. I have all the tell-tale symptoms, plus photos of the bulge in my upper abdomen and one to the side of it. At this point Because the hernias didn’t show up on an ultrasound, they don’t believe me and today I was told to put Icy-Hot on the site to help with the pain.
    At this point I feel so hopeless. I can’t go on with this much pain, but I don’t know where to turn. I’m located in Oregon, but am willing to travel to see someone who will believe me. šŸ™ Any suggestions?

drtowfigh replied 3 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • drtowfigh

January 1, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Happy to help if you want to send me your records to initiate a consultation. Drs Orenstein is also a good resource at OHSU.

• Wim

December 29, 2020 at 9:37 am

Maybe it is a sports hernia?

“A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area. Because different tissues may be affected and a traditional hernia may not exist, the medical community prefers the term “athletic pubalgia” to refer to this type of injury”

• Star

December 28, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Please PM me, I am in Oregon having hernia surgery on Monday. I too have been in pain for 8 months and undiagnosed and I am a woman.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Star.
  • Good intentions

December 28, 2020 at 2:55 pm
  • Good intentions

December 28, 2020 at 2:53 pm

The surgeons at OHSU are known for their expertise in hernia repair also. In Portland. They have a very long waiting list though.

• Good intentions

December 28, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Dr. Towfigh does remote consultations and might know someone in your area.

https://twitter.com/herniadoc?lang=en

Dr. Shirin Towfigh
    @Herniadoc
    Not near? No problem.

I offer ā€œOnline Consultationā€ to those who cannot physically see me for surgical consultation. Iā€™ll review your history, images, & help w/ a diagnosis & plan.

Contact my office (310-358-5020) or email ([email protected])