News Feed Discussions How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery?

• How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery?

Posted by Andy2023 on February 19, 2023 at 11:23 am

hello friendly members,

I am curious to learn about how you overcome fear/anxiety about the hernia surgery, especially open incision ones like Shouldice? I was recently confirmed to have inguinal hernia (reducible golf size) I am strongly favoring the non-mesh repair and my BMI is 19.6, good enough for a Shouldice type procedure, but I am struggling with potential large incisions (3-5 inches), surgical complications and/or post-operative pain and swelling etc. I feel that I am quite nervous and worry that I could faint on the operation table.

Has this been discussed among members before? Does anyone have gone through similar struggle but eventually went for surgery successfully? I would love to hear about how you build your strength/courage and what you did to get yourself mentally ready?

Thanks for your comments.

Mapewilli replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Mapewilli

September 13, 2023 at 3:35 am

Hello,
    With relation to hernia surgery, especially open procedures like Shouldice, I entirely understand your worries and anxieties. It’s very normal to experience anxiety before having surgery. Several individuals have faced similar difficulties and overcame their worries to receive the necessary surgery. Take the time to first properly look into the procedure, its success rates, and any potential side effects. It can be beneficial to express your worries and fears to loved ones, who may also comfort and console you. Exercises that increase breathing can help lower anxiety. Regular practice of these methods can also be advantageous before surgery. Consider speaking with a mental health professional or counselor if the stress is unbearable. Your BMI is suitable for the Shouldice operation, which has a solid reputation and a track record of success

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mapewilli.
  • Michael

September 12, 2023 at 11:48 am

When discomfort/pain > fear/anxiety, resignation comes. I put it off for 9 years. Started out as a “fat-containing left inguinal hernia” in 2014 and turned into a tennis-ball-sized pain in the ass. It was always worse sitting in a chair or driving. Yesterday, I had Laparoscopic surgery to hammer it in. Three tiny incisions under my navel and a half-bald pubic area are the only souvenirs. Right now I’m wondering why I put it off for so long. It was amazing to see a flat lower abdomen instead of a huge lump.

• rajkumar

September 1, 2023 at 2:37 am

Satta Matka game at its best. Our website is your ultimate destination for all things related to Satta Matka, offering a comprehensive and user-friendly platform for players of all levels. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a beginner, we have something exciting in store for everyone. In recent times, the allure of Satta Matka has been on the rise as more and more people are investing their money in satta-matkaa.com and earning substantial returns through simple games like Kalyan Matka, Matka King, DPBOSS etc. Your in these g

• rajkumar

September 1, 2023 at 2:36 am

Satta Matka game at its best. Our website is your ultimate destination for all things related to Satta Matka, offering a comprehensive and user-friendly platform for players of all levels. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a beginner, we have something exciting in store for everyone. In recent times, the allure of Satta Matka has been on the rise as more and more people are investing their money in satta-matkaa.com and earning substantial returns through simple games like Kalyan Matka, Matka King, DPBOSS etc. Your in these games solely relies on your strategies and how efficiently you can earn money. At Satka-matka.mobi, we are here to take your experience to the next level with fantastic tricks and tactics that can significantly boost your chances of winning and ensure you have a thrilling time playing. So, why wait? It’s time to put your luck to the test and embark on an exhilarating journey with us.

• ChaseCarbone

August 7, 2023 at 10:23 am

Facing surgery can indeed be a daunting experience, and it’s completely normal to feel anxious and nervous. Many people have gone through similar struggles and have successfully overcome their fears. One way to build strength and courage is by educating yourself about the procedure and talking to your doctor about any concerns you may have.

• ChaseCarbone

August 27, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Facing surgery can indeed be a daunting experience, and it’s completely normal to feel anxious and nervous. Many people have gone through similar struggles and have successfully overcome their fears. One way to build strength and courage is by educating yourself about the procedure and talking to your doctor about any concerns you may have.

It’s also helpful to reach out to others who have undergone similar surgeries and hear about their experiences. Remember, you’re not alone, and there is a supportive community here to help you through this journey.

If you or anyone else is experiencing paranoid schizophrenia symptoms, it’s important to seek professional help. The sooner you reach out to a mental health professional, the better your chances of getting the right treatment and support.