News Feed Discussions Least bad mesh?

• Least bad mesh?

Posted by Alephy on January 15, 2020 at 11:41 am

So I am now understanding how one might get stuck to either suffer with the hernia or suffer with the mesh. What is the best/least dangerous mesh that one might be willing to accept (because no other option is available)?

Alephy replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Alephy

January 16, 2020 at 9:38 am

Thanks a lot! Wish I could like your answer but it seems this functionality is not there anymore…

• Good intentions

January 16, 2020 at 8:53 am

Hi alephy. Sorry for the delay in response the email Notification process does not work for my account.

I hate to send you to the Search function but I have written quite a bit about my situation. As I’ve mentioned in other posts, I had the mesh removed and there was no hernia remaining to repair. I’m not really waiting for anything anymore and coping well, like anyone who has suffered a serious medical condition might.

Here is one Topic that I pulled up using the Search function of the site. There is a lot of information already collected and posted on the site by many other people. I hate to put you off but my original descriptions are probably the best.
    Good luck.

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/one-year-seven-months-since-mesh-removal/

One year seven months since mesh removal

• Alephy

January 15, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Ah no sorry I made a mistake you got the meshes right?

• Alephy

January 15, 2020 at 9:27 pm

@good-intentions you are waiting for a better future approach and or pure tissue repair right? How do you cope? Do you do specific exercises?

• Good intentions

January 15, 2020 at 5:55 pm

There is only a single “official” bad mesh according to the International “Guidelines”, and that is the plug and patch. But all of the others are on the menu as “mesh” choices. They are not rated, they are considered to be all the same, apparently.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    January 15, 2020 at 1:11 pm

All mesh comes with risk but I would say Dual layer mesh Prolene Hernia System and Plugs. Lap mesh 3D Max and Progrip.