News Feed Discussions Lightweight vs heavyweight mesh

• Good intentions

January 29, 2021 at 11:05 am

Thank you for the reply Dr. Towfigh. Can you tell me what happened to my other post? It was more critical and detailed and pointed the blame at the device makers, like Ethicon, for promoting unproven ideas in order to sell more product. I thought that it was very rational and reasonable and I supported my comments with links to relevant websites.

If we’re not allowed to post about certain companies, maybe you could create some guidelines to follow so that we know what’s allowed and what’s not. It is frustrating trying to guess at what will be allowed through the filter, whatever the filter is.

Thanks again for allowing this never-ending topic to be discussed somewhat freely.

• drtowfigh

January 29, 2021 at 10:52 am

Yes. This is the second time such a study has had these results. Both European population studies.

It just shows that there is no one perfect answer on how to reduce complications from hernia repair. Also, population studies don’t necessarily ask the right answers to tease out postoperative symptoms.