News Feed Discussions Marijuana and surgery?

• ChaseCarbone

March 11, 2024 at 8:47 am

Always best to consult with your healthcare provider before surgery, but exploring smoke-free options like CBD could be a game-changer for your recovery journey.

• Unknown Member

October 31, 2023 at 6:00 am

RE : Brady, it’s a valid concern! Smoking, whether it’s tobacco or marijuana, can affect healing and anesthesia during surgery. It’s a good idea to discuss your marijuana use with your surgeon to ensure they have all the information they need for a safe and successful procedure. I used my CBD disposable vape after surgery, and it wet fine, tough. But still, we’re all different.

• Sam

October 27, 2023 at 1:20 pm

If you’ve been using marijuana on a regular basis, it’s important to tell the anesthesiologist as you may need more anesthesia than usual. Unless you want to risk waking up during surgery.

• Unknown Member

October 26, 2023 at 4:23 am

Smoking, whether it’s tobacco or marijuana, can affect healing and anesthesia during surgery

• PiYoung

August 9, 2023 at 6:15 am

First off, I wanna say I’m new to this awesome forum, so hi everyone! Now, regarding marijuana and surgery, it’s a topic worth discussing. While I’m no expert, it’s essential to be cautious and informed. Some studies suggest that smoking anything, be it medical marijuana or tobacco, might have an impact on healing. But don’t worry, there are alternatives like edibles or oils that might be gentler on the healing process.

Remember, it’s always best to consult your doctor for personalized advice. I found a helpful medical cannabis package on Releaf if you want to check it out! I think that if you want to learn this kind of material, you might find it useful.

• ChaseCarbone

August 2, 2023 at 7:49 am

The mind needs to be controlled, but rest is also important. And sometimes, it is impossible to rest without additional help. That’s why I support the use of herbs.

• ChaseCarbone

March 15, 2024 at 9:00 am

When I was prepping for surgery, I had similar questions swirling in my head. I did some digging and found that smoking marijuana, like tobacco, can indeed affect healing post-surgery due to the smoke and its impact on the respiratory system.

That’s when I turned to alternative methods like CBD. I discovered these amazing CBD Sleep Gummies https://joyorganics.com/products/cbd-sleep-gummies, and they helped me manage pre-surgery jitters and post-op discomfort without any smoke-related worries.

• Brady

January 14, 2019 at 11:35 pm

Thank you for answering.

It is medical legal in my state and my doctor recommended for symptom management. Hard to believe times change like this!

• drtowfigh

January 12, 2019 at 4:12 am

Smoking marijuana causes a lot of coughing, which can exacerbate hernias and contribute to recurrence after hernia repair.

THC in and of itself is not harmful to hernias or affect healing. CND is supposed to have anti inflammatory properties.

Chronci marijuana use use may cause challenges for the anesthesiologist.