News Feed Discussions Mild Pain After Hernia Repair

• Mild Pain After Hernia Repair

Posted by Sdahe on November 14, 2018 at 5:53 am

Hello,

I had laproscopic inguinal hernia repair with mesh 6 weeks and 6 days ago. The past 3 days I’ve been feeling mild disconfort that comes and goes in the area of the repair. Is this normal?… when would it be normal to stop feeling disconfort?

thanks

Sdahe replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sdahe

November 15, 2018 at 1:40 am

Thanks.. I dont know what type of
    esh I got.

The only thing I’ve been doing is play guitar with
    y band.. no heavy lifting.. just playing guitar

• Chaunce1234

November 14, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Were you performing some particular activity that caused the mild pain to surface?

Scar tissue is almost certainly still remodeling and your body may still be adjusting six weeks out. If you were doing something vigorous or unusual maybe it strained the repair area. I’m not a doctor, however, so you might want to consult with one if you’re concerned.

Have you spoke to your surgeon about it? Does it respond to advil or tylenol? If it’s bothersome to you then consider following up with the surgeon who performed the procedure.

Good luck and keep us updated on your case.

• Good intentions

November 14, 2018 at 7:20 pm

There isn’t really any “normal” for hernia repair results. Especially considering the huge range of materials and methods used.

If you could describe the material used, for example; 3D Max, flat mesh, light weight mesh, self-adhering mesh, two component mesh like Phasix, etc., and the type of hernia, direct or indirect, people who’ve had a similar procedure can give their opinions. But you can’t really lump all of the methods and materials in to one basket of “lap with mesh”.

Also, what have you been doing since the surgery?

Good luck. Provide more details if you can.