Mutiple Surgeries in a close proximity of time.
I need to get in touch with other people that have had the amount of surgeries that I have had and within two years. Here is my story. It began with a appendix surgery. During the appendix surgery the doctor discovered my Gallbladder was riddled with cancer so it was removed. Then they discovered there was cancer in the liver so some of the liver was removed. Then I experienced two infection surgeries. Then they dis covered I had a hole in my abdominal wall and 2 hernias protruding from it. I then had reconstruction surgery to my abdominal wall and the hernia’s were repaired. All this started July of 2013-2015. It’s been a year since all the surgeries and my question is:
1. Is it normal to be in so much pain now
2. Has anyone experienced anything comparable to what I have been through so I can talk with them and compare what it feels like inside of my stomach and compare pain.
3. My age is 57, I’m going through menopause the last two years along with this and I am banging my head against the wall on trying to loose weight. I am now finally active, I walk, pick garden produce, can, get groceries, cook meals, laundry , mow the yard and still no weight loss and still so much pain in my abdominal area it hurts very bad.
4. My surgeon says that after the amount of surgeries that I have experienced and such a short time span that its normal to hurt “LIKE HELL” is exactly how he put it.
5. Is there anyone out there that can relate to having a similar situation that I can talk to so I can see if my pain is normal and compare how yours is, then maybe I will feel normal? Because I don’t. Surgeons, Doctors, Nurses, Anyone please only reply if you really have info. or have had a similar situation.
Log in to reply.