News Feed Discussions Need help in Virginia

  • Need help in Virginia

    Posted by Littlebit on April 3, 2016 at 4:45 pm

    Anyone know of any good hernia specialists in or around Virginia. Went to a hernia specialist in Lorton, VA who dismissed all my symptoms. My MRI (per the musculoskeletal radiologist) suggests a small synovial herniation pit. I am quite certain this is some type of hernia and not synovial fluid. Been in agony for quite some time. Thank you for your reply.

    Momof4 replied 8 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • drtowfigh

    April 5, 2016 at 4:19 am

    Need help in Virginia

    Synovial herniation pit is a hip problem this may cause groin pain. It is not a groin hernia. Need to see an orthopedic surgeon.

    If still wish to be seen by a hernia specialist in Virginia:
    – SHARON Bachman in Fairfax
    – James Bittner in Richmond

  • Momof4

    April 5, 2016 at 1:47 am

    Need help in Virginia

    I am always sorry to hear when someone is suffering from hernia pain and having trouble getting the right diagnosis! I live in southeast Virginia and have traveled 5 hours to Annapolis, Maryland for specialized hernia care at Anne Arundel Medical Cenfer, Surgical Specialists. I actually went to Charlotte, NC first and was referred to Annapolis to see Dr. Igor Belyansky. He has been great. I also know that Dr. Towfigh has recommended Dr. Sharon Bachman in Fairfax, VA. I wish you the best in finding the right specialist. It is very important for a good outcome. I have had multiple hernias and surgeries which have resulted in problems. My next trip will be to CA. My health is worth it!

Log in to reply.