News Feed Discussions “Occult” inguinal hernias

• “Occult” inguinal hernias

Posted by Topochico on August 3, 2021 at 6:34 am

I have a mass on my left groin that is only easily palpated/visible laying down.

Occasionally there will be no mass palpable. It can get to be about the size of a golf ball, and can be quite long at times (inches). Sometimes it will feel harder than other times. Other times can be very small or basically gone

There is also a non visible small (small grape sized) lump on the right groin.

Both are non existent upon standing. I am a thin/athletic build.

Both appear in the inguinal area. Both higher than the pubic region.

I have had pain on/off in both groins for years. But not until recently noticed any lumps.

I have gone to a physician who could not find any hernias and said it’s probably my muscles or something else (it isn’t).

I get an ache and sometimes a burning sensation on either side. I have had a burning zipper sensation a couple of times on my right side. Occasionally part of the groin will have an area that is tender to touch.

95% of the time I have little to no symptoms. I am fairly active but have cut back on things like heavy lifting etc

My question is: what is the best approach to finding hard to find hernias? I want to find a physician who will work with me to find out what is going on

drtowfigh replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies