News Feed Discussions Open surgery repair on bilateral inguinal hernia 5 weeks ago but still not good…

• Open surgery repair on bilateral inguinal hernia 5 weeks ago but still not good…

Spanish replied 3 years, 12 months ago 9 Members · 41 Replies
  • Spanish

May 9, 2019 at 6:40 am
    quote Good intentions:

That is disturbing that you think that.

The HerniaSurge group is based in Holland, and they are behind the big push to promote a new set of “International Guidelines for Groin Hernia Management”. There is some question abut how they decided to designate themselves as the global authority on hernia repair but they have a growing following. Odd that they would come from the situation you describe..

http://herniasurge.com/

If I were in your situation I would go to Germany. I almost flew over there myself when I was having problems.

Good luck.

Well, Holland is great to brag about everything they can, I was a researcher in may be the best Research Oncology Centre in the world, my bosses were regarded as the best in radiation oncology, but if you have a cencer in Holland, the system will go to the cheap solution, not the healing one if a paliative treatment is cheaper. The main value in Dutch society is money. I have a few friends in their thirties who died from non treated cancer… conclusion is: they’re good at research and selling the product, but terrible at applying anything that does not involve making money, such as applying a expensive treatment far more expensive than your insurance policy contribution.

Thanks again and Best Regards

• drtowfigh

May 7, 2019 at 3:32 am

If you do have recurrence from a Lichtenstein, and that’s the only reason for your symptoms, then laparoscopic repair is the best next approach.

• Good intentions

May 6, 2019 at 11:08 pm
    quote Spanish:

In Holland, the most corrupted country in the EU and having one of the most underdevolped health system, I am offered to have a laparoscopy in weeks by the expert in hernias in the hospital, i.e. a student. Go figure.

Thanks again for the help!!

That is disturbing that you think that.

The HerniaSurge group is based in Holland, and they are behind the big push to promote a new set of “International Guidelines for Groin Hernia Management”. There is some question abut how they decided to designate themselves as the global authority on hernia repair but they have a growing following. Odd that they would come from the situation you describe..

http://herniasurge.com/

If I were in your situation I would go to Germany. I almost flew over there myself when I was having problems.

Good luck.

• Spanish

May 6, 2019 at 8:30 am
    quote Good intentions:

[USER=”2847″]Spanish[/USER] I hope you’re doing well. Here is a link to a facility in Germany, started by Dr. Muschaweck. I saw your posts on the other web site and I think that this is the one they were talking about. It’s close, maybe you can get over there and get evaluated.

https://www.hernia-centre.com/

It was mentioned in this Topic, below. I’m not suggesting that you need mesh removal, but they would have a broader view than many clinics. More experience.

https://www.herniatalk.com/11058-my-successful-mesh-removal-story

Good luck.

Hi Good Intentions,

I tried to reply years ago but apparently most of the messages I reply they’re taken as spam and if I don’t check, they aren’t published. A possibility is this German clinic, it’s 750 km away, but it should be worth it, especially after reading this guy’s experience. In my case, trating a recurrence is something really serious. In Holland, the most corrupted country in the EU and having one of the most underdevolped health system, I am offered to have a laparoscopy in weeks by the expert in hernias in the hospital, i.e. a student. Go figure.

Thanks again for the help!!

• Good intentions

May 1, 2019 at 2:45 am

[USER=”2847″]Spanish[/USER] I hope you’re doing well. Here is a link to a facility in Germany, started by Dr. Muschaweck. I saw your posts on the other web site and I think that this is the one they were talking about. It’s close, maybe you can get over there and get evaluated.

https://www.hernia-centre.com/

It was mentioned in this Topic, below. I’m not suggesting that you need mesh removal, but they would have a broader view than many clinics. More experience.

https://www.herniatalk.com/11058-my-successful-mesh-removal-story

Good luck.

• Spanish

April 24, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Sorry for insisting, today a surgeon confirmed a recurrence on the right, as I suspected. they will reoperate with laparoscopic techinque in 3 weeks. I know now I have higher risk of recurrence again, I wonder how many months of bed recovery should I take. My idea is being in bed 3 – 6 months without moving at all, will it guarantee no recurrence again? I’m really worried as it will be another surgery on to of a failed one and I have read that once you have recurrence, normally you never get rid of hernia.

Thanks a lot in advance and Best Regards

• Spanish

April 23, 2019 at 10:49 am

BTW, my surgeon told me today that the technique was Lichtenstein…

• Spanish

April 20, 2019 at 9:35 am

Tanks a lot Good intentions,yes, I can try what you propose, after all, as you say, I’m in the early settling-in stage, my first worry is to have a diagnose in Holland about the recurrence, I just can’t believe they say you have a recurrence because of the radiologist’s report (they didn’t even see the images), but we’re not sure as we cannot spot it upon touch, what the hell, no 100 % diagnose on hernia?

Yesterday I started running slowly in the gym, just 6 km at 13.1 km/h (8.1 mph) average, some arm bicycle and elliptical rower, to burn a few 900 calories, and today don’t have any pain, may be a good sign…

Thanks again for your time and the link!!!

• Good intentions

April 19, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I don’t know. Many surgeons will just recommend more pain medication. It’s unclear, so better to be safe, I think, than find out you’ve been causing more damage. Some devices, like the plug, have a known history of moving and “eroding” local tissue. I don’t want to scare you but that’s why knowing what you have might be important. Maybe you could ask one of your Holland doctors to contact your Spain doctor. Doctor to doctor. Or, if you post the name of the clinic or the surgeon there might be information available abut their preferred method. Some surgeons use only one method. “One size fits all”.

https://twitter.com/Herniadoc/status/1021561699290116097

At this point you are kind of on your own. Your surgeon has already decided that you don’t have a recurrence.

I would use the weekends to try different things to see if they have an effect. Keep track of your activities to see if there is a correlation with your problems.

I think that the stories we’re all told at our hernia diagnosis, and that we see on the web sites of clinics around the world about being stronger than ever and able to be back to full strength, pain-free, within weeks, are the “ideals”, what is hoped for. Not the reality. It’s just the way things are these days.

Good luck. You’re still early in the “settling-in” process.

• Spanish

April 19, 2019 at 6:13 am

Hi Cood intentions,

I think I posted the topic before, but I started to edit several times and the system took it for spam I was popped out, so I had to rewrite…

Anyway, thanks for the help. Actually, I was told I had 2 hernias, small, and the surgery would be opn, nothing else. I don’t know whether they were direct or indirect. I didn’t know if surgery was applying any of the techniques you unfold. Health system in Spain is one of the best in the world, but it’s like a black box when it comes to learn the specs’procedures, they never say. Anyway, will it make a big difference one of the other procedures? I had 2 meshes and that’s all… I can try to ask the method used…

One question, and knowing that you’re not a doctor, but could give useful insight, do you think the repetitive movements leading to irritation would make develop any injury, or irritation is just a symptom with no further damage? I could take car for work, but here is not like the States, the country is designed against traffic, and optimized for bikes, I save time by biking…

Thanks again, actually

• Good intentions

April 18, 2019 at 8:17 pm

The materials and methods I showed above are different and probably give different results.

Good luck. [USER=”2847″]Spanish[/USER]

• Good intentions

April 18, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Lichtenstein
    plug – patch
    preperitoneal patch – e.g. Kugel
    Prolene Hernia System (PHS)
    Onstep

• Good intentions

April 18, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Hello RPG. This might be a double post, I got blocked on my other one.

You should get more details about your surgery. There are many different types of “open repair with mesh”.

Try stopping the bike rides and see if things get better. I found that repetitive motions like running and biking caused irritation. It will be a clue, even if it doesn’t solve your problem.

These are all “open with mesh” procedures, in the next post. I’m trying not to get my post blocked. Good luck.

• Good intentions

April 18, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Hello RPG. “open repair with mesh” could mean many things. You should find out what method and materials were used. If you can get your surgery notes, it would also be good to know if the surgeon actually found any hernias, and of what type. Sometimes they get in there and don’t find anything.

These are all “open with mesh” procedures:

Lichtenstein
    plug with patch
    preperitoneal patch – e.g. Kugel
    Prolene Hernia System (PHS)
    Onstep

I found that the repetitive nature of motions like running and bike seemed to cause irritation, for my Bard Soft Mesh laparoscopic TEP placement. You might find that stopping your bike rides will make things feel better. It might offer a clue but, of course, is not what you want for the long-term.

Good luck.

[USER=”2847″]Spanish[/USER]

• Spanish

April 28, 2020 at 2:12 am

My first intention was the Taiwanese clinic, that has better records and obviously now after all this I see them more professional. I tried the German clinic first as they’re supposed to have good reputation and they promised to remove the mesh, and most importantly, it’s close to where I live now. Yes, this Noham unprofessional not only he played a big racist role here, but also a coward attitude by gossiping messages in forums and always hidding. In the EU you cannot cancel a surgery appointment, not notify it and accuse a patient of insulting a doctor in a forum.

I’m also still waiting to the responsible to this forum to clarify why my message was edited, incurring in a crime of identity impersonation.

• Spanish

March 23, 2020 at 5:04 am

Nono, it was the assistant who told me that Dr Koch himself was offended because of what “I said” here, according to assistant, obviously. So the decision was taken by Dr Koch.

I’m really quite surprised that:

1.- Dr Koch cancels the surgery based on what a user says in a forum. As I explained, I never would’ve said that about him and after call them about postponing surgery (but keeping it). Tnis is really childish, it sounds like he wanted to cancel the surgery and held on that excuse.

2.- They already canceled the surgery without notifying me, whatever reason they would use. What if nothing had happened with the virus and I had gone there and found that they canceled the surgery? He said about the cancelation only when I proposed to postpone the surgery last week. The message was edited long time ago. So unprofessional.

3.- I replied to assistant explained what I said here, that someone must have modified my message (you say someone from bodybuilder, but it has to be someone with admin privileges here in this forum too). I never received any answer from this unprofessional assistant called Nahom Welldeiesus, shame on him, really.

May be they think they are superior as they are Germans and I am only Spanish. Shame on Biohernia, the most unprofessional clinic I have ever met. Not to mention the deontological ethics of this institution.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Spanish.
  • Good intentions

March 17, 2020 at 11:28 am

That is a shame, and bizarre. Could it be someone from the bodybuilder.com forum? I know that you post over there also.

I bet that Dr. Koch himself might understand what happened. You have been talking to someone in the front office. It might be worthwhile to try to get past them.

Good luck.

• Spanish

March 17, 2020 at 10:10 am

Well, I tried to postpone the surgery appointment I have with him due to coronavirus (due to the situation in Europe I think it’s wise), and his assistant told me that some user informed him that I was calling him nazi and they cancelled my surgery, so go figure. I can find other competent surgeons, I’m not sold out, but I will not put up with any hidden coward who for any reason wants to leave me like someone insulting his own surgeon.

• Good intentions

March 17, 2020 at 10:01 am

I don’t think that Dr. Koch reads the herniatalk.com forum. There is no route to Dr. Koch’s office from here. How would they know what was written on the forum?

Maybe somebody has been on your computer or phone. Good luck.

• Spanish

March 17, 2020 at 7:35 am

My message #21670 has some extra text I NEVER WROTE:

” I don’t want to hurry again and I will cancel the surgery with this Dr Mengele and will try to do it in Taiwan (https://joshuahernia.com/?lang=en).”

If I never wrote that insulting line to a Dr that is supposed to intervene my hernia (I would be stupid), obviously someone with admin rights has added it I don’t know wwith what intention.

I don’t know wen it was done, as the edited message reached Dr Koch and I learnt it today from his clinic (I never reread what I write in the forum), I will take the appropriate measures.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Spanish.
  • Colt

February 10, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Was it repaired with mesh or with out

Page 2 of 2