News Feed Discussions Open surgery repair on bilateral inguinal hernia 5 weeks ago but still not good…

• Open surgery repair on bilateral inguinal hernia 5 weeks ago but still not good…

Posted by Spanish on April 18, 2019 at 6:46 am

Hello,

I originally posted my problem in https://forum.bodybuilding.com/, as I am quite crazy about sports. I was kindly redirected to this forum, so below is my issue:

I would like to beg your help in here. I’m proud of signing up the herniated club. To make things short, I’m from Spain (living in The Netherlands), 45 years old. Some time ago I found (well, some surgeon did), that I had a bilateral inguinal hernia (2 hernias, small). It came from the fact that I was starting to develop some pain in the iliopsoas (I guessed), not bulges coming out or anything. To make things fast (my wife is due to deliver baby soon and she needs my help due to kind of premature delivery risk), I went to m country to have a faster treatment.

Last March 13 I had open surgery. Everything was going fine, but I had a pain after almost 4 weeks. Here in Holland doctors are not exactly the best, but I managed to have an ultrasound and see the surgeon. Radiologist said, from ultrasound, a recurrence on the right, bigger than 2 cm (around 1 inch), much bigger than any of the small ones I used to have. 2 surgeons tried to feel it by touching but they said they couldn’t feel anything, so they couldn’t conclude whether I have a recurrence or not, they guessed from radiologist’s report, but couldn’t feel it by pushing me everywhere around… They said I could come back to see again in 3 months. I checked with the surgeon in Spain who did the surgery and he neglects the possibility of a recurrence, he said is too early to consider any ultrasound valuable, so to speak. He added that someone with my build, (not fat, basically) should be easy to spot a hernia right away by touching, but here surgeons are terrible and also, may be the remaining inflammation is precluding hernia from being felt, I don’t know.

Pain has lowered, but yesterday, I was on my 5th week after surgery, and what I’ve done so far is my average 11 km per day on the bicycle to go to work, nothing else, I’m getting depressed from refraining from going to the gym (it’s like my drug), but I don’t dare to go and do weightlifting, 3 days ago I was assembling a chest of drawers (the typical for baby, not too big) and posture wasn’t good, but didn’t require much effort, and after that I felt some kind of assortment of pains, not too high though, but the were there for 1.5 days…

I read about people at full steam at my week of recovery and I see myself losing muscular mass and fitness (although my weightlifting wasn’t too much, I was on 18 MET), hiding from the scales and not seeing when I’ll be able to go back to gym…

Therefore, I would be more than grateful if someone could give me some insight. If there are any medical able to interpret ultrasound, I wouldn’t mind posting some pics from the ultrasound last week.

Tanks a lot in advance and Best Regards

Spanish replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.