News Feed Discussions Pain and discomfort at incision after open Inguinal hernia repair

• Pain and discomfort at incision after open Inguinal hernia repair

Posted by Concerned123 on February 23, 2018 at 10:46 am

So my hernia pains and post surgery pains are gone except I am having pain at the top of my 5 inch incision. When my jeans and underwear band sit on the incision it is causing me pain and discomfort.

Its been almost 5 weeks since my surgery. Where I can feel the pain isn’t where the hernia was rather where my incision starts at the top of my groin. It doesn’t hurt or bother me when I have loose clothing on. The incision looks like it’s healed well and there is no sign of infection. I believe it’s been stitched inside and there were only clips on the outside that were taken out 2 days after surgery (At Shouldice).

Should i be concerned? Could this telate
    to just normal healing or nerve issues? I’m comfortable other than this issue.

Chaunce1234 replied 6 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chaunce1234

March 22, 2018 at 1:27 am

How are you doing now? Did you contact your original surgeon and ask their advice?

If the pain is mild and only at the incision site and you are otherwise comfortable, I wouldn’t be particularly concerned given that you’re only a few weeks out.