News Feed Discussions Pain in left groin but Negative Ultrasound w/ Valsalva

• Pain in left groin but Negative Ultrasound w/ Valsalva

Posted by EarthOrigins on June 4, 2018 at 2:53 am

Hi… I have pain in the left groin that seemed to suddenly just appear when I wake up in the morning 1 day. I went to a surgeon and upon physical inspection, he said that there seems to be a slight bulge as compared to the right and it could possibly be a hernia on its early stage. To be sure however he have me go for an ultrasound. The ultrasound have me lying in bed while doing valsalva, they however have found no hernia.

I went back to the surgeon and he said that ultrasound didn’t find anything as such there’s no basis for a hernia or an operation.

Could this be what they call a sports hernia? Before I got the pain… I do am lifting weights however I don’t remember feeling any pain while lifting. Its just suddenly there when I woke up.

miner replied 6 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • miner

June 7, 2018 at 2:20 am

You should be standing up not laying down during the ultrasond.

• Good intentions

June 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm

There are many things that you can strain down there that will cause pain. Have you read the “Sports Hernia” thread on the front page? They usually show pain during activity, not so much at rest.

Good luck. You’ll probably need to monitor it over time. I’ve found that keeping a simple log or diary of activities can help show what causes pain and how long it persists. It forces you to review what you’ve done during the day, and makes things more clear.