News Feed Discussions Perplexing symptoms

• Perplexing symptoms

Posted by dh305 on November 12, 2019 at 1:37 am

Hello. 5 months in from bilaterial inguinal hernia repair done laprascopically with “medium” weight mesh TAPP method.

I have completed one month of physical therapy and have finally made it back to the gym doing light weights. I mix in things learned from PT such as lunges, leg press, stretching, etc. I also am able to do about 20 minutes of treadmill walking at a brisk pace and stationary bike. Also, back to doing a couple hours of yard work.

When doing these activities, I feel pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.

The problems arise when I stop. Usually about 30 minutes to an hour after is when the groin gets a little sore and feels weak.

It does respond well when I rest a little once that happens, but then is a little sore and weak for the remainder of the day.

Also, standing or walking around for over an hour leads to the same sensations.

Someone on this board suggested that I keep a log, which has proven helpful, and this is the trend that I’m noticing.

[USER=”2580″]DrBrown[/USER] [USER=”935″]drtowfigh[/USER] do these symptoms make sense? Would they give any idea perhaps of what is going on with me?

It would seem that if there were complications, that I would be feeling pretty bad most of the time, especially when doing physical activity?

Objectively, I am improving, as I could not do these things a few months ago, but something is still not right. It gets very deflating when I feel good, and then the discomfort creeps back in later.

Any chance that this could resolve where I get to the point that I get past this hurdle?

Thanks as always for your insights and for your great support! This forum is invaluable to me.

dh305 replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.