News Feed Discussions posible inguinal hernia or fat tissue?

• posible inguinal hernia or fat tissue?

Posted by dailymail22 on June 19, 2019 at 12:16 pm

​male 28 years 143 lbs 6ft skinny muscular pretty healthy, pretty active. Live in USA​​​​​​.

got two ultrasounds, throwing negative.
    a surgeon told me it was a inginal hernia and had to be repaired.

​Symptoms: When I lift weight it does not hurt. but sometimes few ..it hurts a little when I walk or
    ​when I lean forward​​​​​​ .. it hurts in the leg or where the femur connects​​​​​​.

it’s weird, a pain that radiates to the very top of the thigh, Ithe lump disappears when I lie down have this bulge bulge about 5 years, same size. But the pint start 3 mount ago

It is soft to the touch. I do not feel a lump, or a cavity

dailymail22 replied 4 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dailymail22

June 20, 2019 at 11:22 am
    quote Good intentions:

In the center picture you’re pointing at the location of a direct hernia. That’s what I started with, a small painless bump that disappeared. But then I tried to live with it and still play soccer at a competitive level and it got bigger. Typically it didn’t hurt when I played but did for a few days after ward. The bump also got less defined, more diffuse.

If I could start over I’d get a suture-based repair, aka “pure tissue”, then if that didn’t work consider an open mesh repair.

The “standard of care” recommended in Johnson & Johnson’s “International Guidelines” is a laparoscopic mesh repair, TEP if possible, with maximal placement of mesh, even a prophylactic placement on the other side if there is a hint of a hernia there. Ask your surgeon what they would do and that’s probably what he/she will say. Once they get the mesh in it’s essentially impossible to get it out without damage if there are problems.

That is how I read the current mesh repair situation. Good luck. Be careful, and remember that the trend in healthcare today is standardization. One method for everyone, some win some lose. Your odds of losing are about 1 in 6.

How the pain look like? For me after doing leg exercises. Have a discomfort between the femur and the pelvis when I walk for a few days. Will my leg be, or is it guinal pain?
    are you good right now?

• Good intentions

June 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm

In the center picture you’re pointing at the location of a direct hernia. That’s what I started with, a small painless bump that disappeared. But then I tried to live with it and still play soccer at a competitive level and it got bigger. Typically it didn’t hurt when I played but did for a few days after ward. The bump also got less defined, more diffuse.

If I could start over I’d get a suture-based repair, aka “pure tissue”, then if that didn’t work consider an open mesh repair.

The “standard of care” recommended in Johnson & Johnson’s “International Guidelines” is a laparoscopic mesh repair, TEP if possible, with maximal placement of mesh, even a prophylactic placement on the other side if there is a hint of a hernia there. Ask your surgeon what they would do and that’s probably what he/she will say. Once they get the mesh in it’s essentially impossible to get it out without damage if there are problems.

That is how I read the current mesh repair situation. Good luck. Be careful, and remember that the trend in healthcare today is standardization. One method for everyone, some win some lose. Your odds of losing are about 1 in 6.