News Feed Discussions Possible hidden hernias?

• Possible hidden hernias?

Posted by Ericajane1987 on September 19, 2019 at 4:31 pm

I have been in pain 9 months now. I have not been able to life my handbag or drive my automatic car for two months as it starts the pain. I have been in hospital for 9 days now with “unexplainable pain” which all started since my laparoscopy surgery 9 months ago. I have noticed two small buldges and lots of gurgling under them, see pics attached. I have mentioned to the dr 10 x about hidden hernia and he just dismissed it. I can no longer sit or stand or walk. I have been in a hospital bed and laid flat for 9 days as every time I move it starts the pain. The dr said it’s unexplainable. No drugs did this pain I am currently drugged out of my mind in a hospital bed and can feel the pain all the same and it’s worsening by the day.

Ericajane1987 replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Ericajane1987

September 21, 2019 at 4:40 pm

I’ve had CT no dye on nhs as I react to a lot of things I have very bad allergies. Nothing showed. I have been in hospital 11 days I cannot sit or walk it’s too painful. They cannot find out what is wrong but I highly suspect hernia as the canal comes out and if I press it I feel so much pain , I have appointment to see dr sheen Tuesday

• drtowfigh

September 21, 2019 at 4:32 pm

[USER=”2998″]Ericajane1987[/USER] Looks like the lump is associated with your trocar scar.
    A CT scan with valsalva and oral contrast is the next best step. It should show a small incisional hernia.

• Ericajane1987

September 20, 2019 at 7:45 am

I woke this am immediately in pain. Looked down and once again my lumps are there. The doctors are saying they can’t see anything, I feel like even a blind person could see these. They have dismissed hernia 7 times now so I am having a meeting to ensure this is documented incase I need to go back on anything in the future. Why would I have muscle on one side of my body and not the other, they told me it’s just muscle.

• Good intentions

September 20, 2019 at 5:04 am
    quote Ericajane1987:

I have been in a hospital bed and laid flat for 9 days as every time I move it starts the pain. The dr said it’s unexplainable. .

I think that you need to work hard to get another doctor. Sometimes people get so focused on solving a problem themselves that they forget the real reason that they are there. Your doctor should be seeking help himself if he does not know what is happening. The fact that he’s not, while you suffer, suggests that he has lost touch with the oath that he took.

Ask your nurses if they know of a doctor who might be able to help. Nurses see everything that happens over the years and often know how to get things done. They might not be able to answer directly though so listen for hints.

God luck.

• Ericajane1987

September 19, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Ovarian cyst removal. Keyhole. Laparoscopy. No it’s another surgeon but they are being dismissive as they can’t see a golf ball size lump. I know for sure it’s one side and pure agony toa. Point I have been in a hospital bed unable to walk or sit for 9 days. The lumps are small and come and go. You can sometimes feel a little raise also under the skin

• Good intentions

September 19, 2019 at 4:37 pm

What type of surgery did you have? Laparoscopy is used for many procedures.

If “the doctor’ is the one that did the surgery, he or she might be avoiding the possibility that they made a mistake. Find a new doctor for a second opinion. There is nothing at all wrong with asking for a second opinion, it actually takes the pressure off of the first doctor. You do not owe the doctor loyalty.