News Feed Discussions Post Mesh Hernia Repair Pain

• Post Mesh Hernia Repair Pain

Posted by Unknown Member on October 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Just curious what type of pain people are having post mesh repair. I am having pain running down my led. Some times my leg muscles are tight and stiff. Other times there is pain around my thigh down to my knee. Hard to put weight on that leg. This have been going on for a year now. The hernia repair was 2.5 years ago then Dr. went back in around 5 months ago, thought there was another hernia (so he says).
    What type of pain are others experiencing? Anyone with nerve pain running down leg?

Good intentions replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Good intentions

October 20, 2018 at 2:14 am

I had general persistent soreness and a swollen stiff feeling across all of my lower abdomen, sometimes specific sharp pains in the corners or at the original hernia site. The more exercise I did to try to loosen it up the tighter and stiffer it got. I didn’t have any referred or shooting pains, to other areas. So, apparently, no nerves were being damaged, mine was a generalized damage, everywhere the mesh was in contact.

I had two 6×6″ pieces of Bard Soft Mesh implanted via TEP, bilateral, for a single direct hernia on the right side. Removed three years later, although I knew at two years it would have to come out.

What type of repair did you have the first time, and how did the surgeon go “back in” the second time? And what did he find, or do? You can get your post-operative notes from your surgeon’s office or the facility where the work was done.

Good luck.