News Feed Discussions Questions on shouldice

• Questions on shouldice

Posted by SFIrishGuy on August 15, 2020 at 10:42 am

Hello everyone. I am writing today to ask for some advice from the group. As some here may know I have an upcoming hernia repair and Mesh removal surgery on August 27. I will have tissue repair via Shouldice method here in California. I have lived with this mesh implant since August of last year and now I’m clear to move forward. There was a 4-5 month delay in the age of Covid so now I am clear for surgery.I’ve had many consultations with numerous doctors yet I still feel uncomfortable moving forward. I still feel there’s so many other questions I should be asking so I want to ask the group here a few of them.

For those of you out there who have lived through the trauma of having a mesh removed with tissue repair can you let me know:

1. How long was your recovery?

2.How long out of the recovery Were you able to start sexual activity? Feel
    Free not to answer if you are embarrassed or feel it’s to personal.

3. How many layers typically will they use the flap over for the shouldice?

4.I’m a bit confused about repair. Is it always going to be flaps and only held together with sutures or does the skin actually come back heal together?

5. One question I have not asked my surgeon is a type of thread to be used for the Suture, is there differences and should I ask?

6. Has anybody ever had a reoccurrence after the shouldice procedure?

7.And lastly can I have some positive feedback and experiences from this procedure? But as well if there has been any instances where this has not alleviate any pain I like to hear your experiences.

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any of your feedback.

Thunder Rose replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Thunder Rose

August 29, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Hey how did this go? I am struggling to find a US option but would probably go with Kang or Shouldice if travel were possible.