News Feed Discussions Re-do surgery and pain

• Re-do surgery and pain

Posted by bmul100 on June 14, 2019 at 3:06 am

I’ve decided to have surgery again to have a prolene hernia system removed from the right side of my groin. In short it’s caused awful pain like I’m being violated from the inside of my body 24/7, and it’s messed up my nerves too. I’ve also had major tooth decay and been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease since the mesh implant. Who knows if those things are related or not. I’m 32 years old so these are not usually things that can be attributed to my age. I feel like I’m 90 though. Anyways surgery will be a couple of months out and I was wondering if anyone in the community has had any success in effectively dealing with this type of pain? I’ve reached a point where I need to find something for the pain just to function. I’ve tried ibuprofen and ice and it doesn’t really help. I prefer natural remedies as opposed to pills. Not interested in trying mj either. Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

DrBrown replied 5 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • DrBrown

June 19, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Dear Bmu100
    I agree with Dr Towfigh that if the mesh is balled up, that the best treatment is removal.
    Ask your surgeon if it is possible not to put more mesh back in.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• bmul100

June 16, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Thanks…the CBD stuff seems quite expensive with a lot of uncertainty. I guess I’ll just grit my teeth until I get to surgery. They really should make you sign a waiver to get a mesh implant instead of just slapping one in like it’s no big deal.

• drtowfigh

June 15, 2019 at 7:11 pm

If the pin is due to the mesh balled up (meshoma), there is no good pain relief short of surgical removing the mass.

• Good intentions

June 14, 2019 at 4:26 am

Forgot [USER=”2795″]bmul100[/USER]

• Good intentions

June 14, 2019 at 4:25 am

[USER=”2580″]DrBrown[/USER] inquired recently about CBD products and got some good responses. It was a couple of months ago, maybe he’s seen some results.

https://www.herniatalk.com/10869-cannabidiol-cbd