News Feed Discussions recurrent inguinal hernia

• recurrent inguinal hernia

Posted by selena on October 15, 2016 at 2:03 am

hello,

I just turned 21 year old (female). and have had 2 inguinal hernia surgeries in the past 8 months period. first one was last year august and last one was may 12 of this year. I first noticed a bulge in my groin area in 2014, it would come up for a short time and then would go back down and u couldnt see nor feel it when it went down, but was very visible and could touch it when it came up, i was then diagnosed with inguinal hernia, i had surgery and just weeks after, i felt another bulge in the same area which caused a 10/10 rate pain, doc said it came back, had another surgery, and now im here 6 months post -op, and im starting to have groin pain again and a even larger bulge and swelling there that also goes up and down. In july, i had 2 abdominal/pelvic ultrasound, abdominal/pelvic ct scan with both oral and iv contrast, and abdominal/pelvic xray along with my gp examining me. they all came back completely normal. I am starting to wonder about tumors now since i’ve been struggling for 2 years now, 2 surgeries and no results, btw, mesh was used both times.

could use anyone incite now on my situation.

selena replied 7 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • drtowfigh

November 7, 2016 at 4:33 pm

recurrent inguinal hernia

Sorry, I have asked around and we are not aware of any colleagues in hernia surgery in Jamaica.

I do know there are great surgeons in Jamaica, so do your due diligence and seek help. If not, you may have to travel to nearby countries. Mexico is a great resource for hernias.

• selena

October 30, 2016 at 3:32 am

sorry for my late reply.

Dr, i am in Kingston, Jamaica. And i cannot travel to the states with no visa.

• drtowfigh

October 24, 2016 at 3:49 pm

I’d have to examine you and review the images and your operative reports to figure this out. The story doesn’t make logical sense.

Are you near Los Angeles area?

If. It, let us know where you are and we can refer you for a second opinion

• selena

October 24, 2016 at 11:24 am

Dr i think so. I feel something bulging in and out of my groin area. Ive done a few scans to look for anything else but they are clear, dr exams me and says it is a hernia but regardless of two surgeries, the bulge that goes in and out of my groin comes back shortly after. I think they dont even believe anymore, a painful swelling is in my groin right now. Im not sure if it has anything to do with mesh niether.

• drtowfigh

October 22, 2016 at 6:22 am

Odd. Are all these true recurrences?

• mela414

October 15, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Selena, so sorry you are going through all this. I am new here and really don’t know what to say other than u hope you get to the bottom of this and get better soon. I’m hoping others will comment and give you some insight.
    All the best,
    Mel