News Feed Discussions References for Dr. Richard J. Pettit, FACS – in Richmond, VA

• References for Dr. Richard J. Pettit, FACS – in Richmond, VA

Posted by ajm222 on October 23, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Hello –

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this surgeon, who I believe I may end up using for my inguinal hernia repair. He’s recommended by my PCP and apparently one of the local surgeons who has been doing tons of hernia repairs for decades. I met with him a couple weeks ago and liked him a lot. Just thought I would ask the forum members and surgeons if they had any knowledge or opinions.

Thanks

LeviProcter replied 6 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • LeviProcter

December 21, 2017 at 2:23 am

Great news. Happy to answer any questions here or by email. Good luck!

• ajm222

December 11, 2017 at 8:13 pm
    quote LeviProcter:

I’m new to Richmond, VA.

I haven’t heard anything negative.

Thank you, Dr. Proctor. I appreciate the response. You and I have communicated via email a few times. I’ve spoken to several surgeons in the area in the search to find someone to repair my inguinal hernias. Dr. Pettit apparently is ‘Mr. Hernia’ locally. Sounds like between you, him and the others I’ve spoke to so far I can’t go wrong. He is also credentialed to perform robotic lap surgery (which he usually does at Henrico Doctor’s). Likely to go that route with whomever I chose, though it sounds like it’s likely to max out all of my deductibles etc. I am hearing estimates in the neighborhood of 80k before insurance.

• LeviProcter

December 9, 2017 at 11:42 pm

I’m new to Richmond, VA.

I haven’t heard anything negative.