News Feed Discussions Referrals

• Referrals

Posted by sands on June 29, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Hi,

Great forum and thanks for your time. For future reference I was wondering if you knew any top rated hernia Docs in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Thanks!

sands replied 7 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • drtowfigh

October 13, 2016 at 3:40 am

Referrals

Great questions:

Yoga and any other exercise including walking is protective. Keep it up. They do not cause hernias or make them worse.

Yes, you must wait if you continue to have pain. Your heart is more important than any hernia. The only exception would be if you end up in the emergency with strangulation of intestine in your Hernia. Fortunately, that occurs very rarely, a small fraction of 1% per year.

• sands

October 1, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Referrals

Couple of question. I walk 4 miles everyday and do yoga weekly, is this going to make the hernia worse. And last of all, if it starts causing a lot of pain, is there no other option but waiting until at least a year. Thanks again.

• drtowfigh

October 1, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Referrals

Dr Alaedeen is in Cincinnati.

Do not consider surgery for at least 12 months, preferably 18 months, after your stent.

• sands

October 1, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Referrals

Thank you for the referral, although Dr. Alaedeen is in Cleveland. I don’t believe there are any surgeons in Cincinnati that specialize in just Hernias. One more question, I had stent placement in March of 2015, and the Cardio Doctor will not let me withhold thinners until 1 year is up. My hernia has little to no pain and is slightly raised but since I am so OCD, it’s bugging me that I have one and thus would like to get it fixed. I’m assuming I have no other options but to wait? Thanks again and this is a great forum.

• drtowfigh

October 1, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Referrals

Consider Dr Diya Alaedeen of Cleveland Clinic I believe he works at Cincinnati branch

• Chaunce123

June 29, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Referrals

sands, I’m only a patient who has done a lot of research in my own journey so don’t take this as medical advice or opinion.

With that disclaimer, I have consistently seen many positive reviews and reports about Dr. Grischkan in Ohio and he does open repairs of mesh or no mesh depending on case and patient preference. I do not think he does a laparoscopic repair though, so if you want that option you may need to look elsewhere.

Best of luck, good health.