News Feed Discussions Reoccurring Hernia?

• Reoccurring Hernia?

Posted by jantuna2 on March 28, 2019 at 7:38 pm

3 years ago I had an occult inguinal hernia repair on the left side of my groin. It was a nightmare to get diagnosed due to being a hidden hernia. I finally got it repaired, it was a natural repair with no mesh.
    Now 3 years later it is hurting on the same side, after carrying my 16 month old son up and down stairs, I had a baby first time and had a C section…the discomfort is very similar, burning, pulling sensation, maybe not as intense but very similar. When I lay down in bed it goes away.
    Could this be that my hernia is reoccurring? Or something happened in my muscle?
    My obgyn did a pap test and transvaginal ultrasound, and they were normal ….. Going back to my surgeon this Wednesday to see what’s going on…very frustrating, will be glad to hear any advice, suggestion etc. Thank you

​​​​​

jantuna2 replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jantuna2

March 28, 2019 at 10:52 pm

Thanks you Dr. Towfigh, I coming to see him…thanks

• drtowfigh

March 28, 2019 at 9:18 pm

If you had no symptoms for years and now there are similar symptoms as the prior hernia, then most likely diagnosis is a recurrence. I would seek consultation from your surgeon. Imaging may be necessary.