News Feed Discussions SAGES 2020 Program and an interesting topic

• SAGES 2020 Program and an interesting topic

Posted by Good intentions on June 13, 2020 at 6:52 pm

Notice that despite the title the second goal is about how to use mesh. I imagine that the meeting might not even happen with the pandemic going on. Still, interesting to see what the current topics are.

https://www.sages2020.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SAGES-Advanced-Program-2020-full-page.pdf

10:00 AM – 12:00 PM “But I Don’t Want Mesh” – Options for Hernia Repair Without Permanent Synthetic Mesh
    Session Chair: Shawn Tsuda, MD | Co-Chairs: Guy Voeller, MD & Janey Pratt, MD
    The science of hernia repair and implants continues to evolve, along with patient perception. Discover alternatives to permanent
    synthetic mesh including no mesh, biologics, absorbables, bioabsorbables, and patient-specific mesh choice.
    At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
    » Describe alternatives to permanent synthetic mesh in hernia repair.
    » Evaluate current data and guidelines for best practices in the use of mesh for hernia repair.
    » Employ new strategies to choose the best patient-specific implant for your hernia patients using best available evidence.

DrBrown replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • DrBrown

June 15, 2020 at 2:31 pm

@good-intentions
    I hope this means that more patients will be getting non mesh hernia repairs.
    Thank you for the update.
    Bill Brown MD